You have the option to have the screensaver function OFF (video display is always ON) or, set to display for 30 seconds, 1 min, 2 mins or 3 mins before going into Screen Save mode.
See the following for how to change to your preferred setting:
- Press the MENU to access the main menu display on screen
- Press the down arrow to select the settings menu & press OK
- Press the down arrow twice to highlight the ZZZ toggle button and press OK:
- To deactivate the screen save function press OK so the toggle is grey
- To deactivate the screen save function press OK so the toggle is blue
- Press the down arrow once & press the OK button
If you want to change the screen save time, by pressing the down/up arrow you can select the following screen save times:
- Press OK so the save icon disappears
- Press Arrow Back top left of screen to revert to video display and save the setting
Please Note: when the screen save option is deactivated the re-chargeable battery power can be reduced by the constant transmission between the Parent Unit and Camera Unit.
The Parent Unit and Camera Unit are constantly transmitting to each other when they are switched ON as the units are monitoring temperature, sound etc.
In addition to this when the microphone in the Camera Unit detects any noise, whether it`s your baby or background noise (even white noise) this is also transmitted from the Camera Unit to the Parent Unit. This can reduce the re-chargeable battery power in the Parent Unit. Rechargeable battery life can also vary per home/room that they are being used in. Therefore when used in your friends/neighbors homes rechargeable battery power will vary due to different room/environments.
We do recommend that in order to ensure that the Parent Unit remains ON & charged that you keep the Parent Unit connected to mains power.